Fairway Forward seminar
19. oktober 2023
Fairway Forward seminar navigates the maritime cluster’s green transition through a new security landscape
To spread knowledge and promote cooperation in Finland and Sweden, Fairway Forward is organizing a seminar for green and sustainable shipping on 19 October in Gothenburg. On the schedule for the day are best practice cases from each country with a focus on the green transition, the fuels of the future, digitalisation, and safe vessels. In a panel discussion, representatives from the industry, academia and politics will discuss the security situation in the outside world and how it affects shipping and the maritime cluster.
New for this year’s seminar is a workshop hosted by Sweden’s maritime competence center Lighthouse with the theme “the future of sustainability”. The goal of the workshop is to come up with concrete proposals for innovation and pilot studies that result in collaborative studies between Finland and Sweden.
– It is important that we cooperate to learn from each other and generate innovations, cooperation is a cornerstone for shipping’s competitiveness and success. The Nordic countries are leading the way towards the green transition in the maritime sector and Sweden and Finland has particularly strong connections, through this seminar we hope that several good ideas will emerge, says Anders Hermansson, CEO, Swedish Shipowners´ Association.
– Cross-border cooperation and information exchange is important. Finland and Sweden have cutting-edge expertise and competent professionals who are important for the sustainable development of the maritime cluster, says Tiina Tuurnala, CEO, Finnish Shipowners´ Association.
Fairway Forward is a collaboration project between the Finnish and Swedish maritime clusters. Established in the beginning of 2019, the aim of the collaboration is to share best practices and collaborate to reach environmental and climate goals in the maritime sector. Participating organizations in Fairway Forward are Swedish Shipowners´ Association, Swedish Ports, Finnish Shipowners´ Association, Finnish Marine Industries, and Finnish Ports’ Association, together with the Finnish Port Operators Association.
Sjösäkerhetspris Sea Sunday till sjökapten Matti Aaltonen
11. september 2023 - Suomen Varustamot Ry
Finnlines nya fartyg Finnsirius sätts i trafik i september – jungfruresan bjuder på ett spännande invigningsprogram
22. augusti 2023 - Finnlines Plc
Sähköauto laivassa – varustamot tarkkana palouhkien vuoksi
9. augusti 2023 - Moottori
Viking Line inleder samarbete med Gotlandsbolaget – kryssningstrafik i gemensam regi
9. augusti 2023 - Viking Line Abp
Utsläppsmålet för sjöfarten skärptes avsevärt
10. juli 2023 - Rederierna i Finland